Friday 22 May 2015

Fallschirmjager recce platoon

      As promised, here are some more newly painted models for one of my various* Bolt Action projects. This is my planned army for a tournament I am going to mid-June, I have no idea if it works yet so lots of practise is being planned, but I liked the feel of the list. As the German Heer army I had been playing about with was all about putting troops on the table and trying out ideas, this is all about trying out another idea, while still being based and painted in a similar fashion so they can be used in mixed forces in the future.
       What I wanted was a highly mobile, armoured force, having found that most armies can deal with a single fast moving armoured unit fairly easily, as my poor armoured car keeps finding out the hard way. My theory goes, that 5 armoured vehicles, moving quickly straight at objectives, or round the side of the board to somewhere you thought was safe, might be enough of a psychological threat that I can make my opponent make mistakes. So the Fallschirmjager were born. 

* It happened again, a little accident on ebay and I am back to various . . .

       My Fallschirmjager force is based in Normandy, Summer 1944 and comprises of 3 mixed weapon squads all mounted in half tracks of various sizes, an officer, a panzerschreck team to deal with armour, my armoured car because it fits the theme and a panzer 4h simply because, why not?

My, as yet unnamed, second Lt.

First squad, one of only 2 with a panzerfaust.

My biggest squad at 7 men.

My smallest squad. Even though there is only 2 men difference in biggest to 
smallest, I'm not sure how well these will work.

My heer panzerschreck has rarely failed to do something in a game, 
so it was an auto buy for this army.
These two have been on the blog before, but both have had an heavy weathering 
since and look much better for it.

Thanks for reading, now I need to organise some practise!

10 comments:

  1. Nice! That looks a very compact, fast-paced and precision-hitting force.
    Just out of interest how many points is the above force, roughly?
    My local club play Bolt Action and it is something that I could get involved in, if I can remember all those rules. Money is the issue for me, but I reckon with the Germans being generally the smaller force they could be do-able.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to see if it works first! But its 1000 points, which is a fairly standard sized games.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I'm sure it'll work, it's all about figuring out the right combination of tactics for such a force - or using weighted dice, lol.

      Delete
    3. I'm thinking weighted dice, although keep that to yourself . . .

      Delete
  2. Fairly certain my Yanks (the Good Guys) can beat your Jerries (Boo Hiss). A who is feeling rather immature today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking force dude!
    Let's hope you can get enough practice in to iron out any tactical wrinkles before the tournament. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think the whole idea is a wrinkle but hey, only one way to find out.

      Delete
  4. An itchy trigger whilst on ebay can be a dangerous thing, but it does lead to wonderfully new diversions! These look great Mike, enjoy the wrinkle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. Ebay is dangerous territory, its so easy to get caught in a shiny trap. And as for the wrinkle, there is only one way to find out. . .

      Delete