Wednesday 7 October 2015

Foray into Frostgrave

      Whenever I start a new project (and yes, I do this a lot) I always start the first paragraph with who it is a blame for being a bad influence this time. This time is no exception, I blame the guys on the meeples and miniatures podcast for making me weak. Now that is out of the way we can get on with this post.
     
      This project was very much a raid on my lead mountain and work out what I can turn into a fully functioning warband and the depth of my pile of shame meant that I'm actually pretty pleased with what I got together. If I have worked out the points correctly, I think I have my 500 point force plus a spare tracker, who was on my desk when I started with project, which means enough for a game . . .

frostgrave warband gang illusionist wizard

 Illusionist and his apprentice. 
I genuinely have no idea if these guys are any good in game, but as they were the wizards I already had on my desk they were the first ones to lead my band of men.

frostgrave templar
 Templar and Infantry. 
This is my biggest hitter and his 'apprentice'. The templar is from Hassel-Free Miniatures.

frostgrave warhound tracker
 Tracker and Warhound. 
The tracker is the only model not in my initial band.

frostgrave thug thugs
 Two Thugs.
Cheap muscle and objective grabbers.

frostgrave archer archers
Two Archers.
No-one likes being turned into a pin-cushion without a reply.

      This is probably the cheapest project I have jumped into, in terms of buying specifically. I was given a box of the plastic frostgrave figures as a birthday present a few months back, the tracker was for a lion's rampant idea that didn't make sense about 3 hours after I ordered him, while the wizards were bought to expand my collection of generic fantasy heroes, all I had to buy was the rulebook and that was stupidly cheap compared to most new rulesets.
      The more I look at these pictures the more I am starting to think the colours are too bright, so they might get an ink wash in the future, but for now I need a game. And an opponent. . .

Thanks for reading

14 comments:

  1. Very cool collection of characters. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking band Mike. I wouldn't worry about the colours looking a bit bright - it's fantasy after all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin. We'll see if they grow on me or not :)

      Delete
  3. A very nice group - good colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah another blogger takes up Frostgrave... hope you love it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I have a game next weekend - so lets see. Excited though :0

      Delete
  5. Very nice Mike and at least it wasn't my fault this time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stuff Mike, seems like the whole wargaming world is getting into Frostgrave, I've got my 300point warband together, now but can't start painting it till next month as part of our Mo'vember challenge.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roger. Mo'vember challenge? This needs some research!

      Delete
  7. It's really rather simple, it works in a similar way to Zomtober, myself and a couple of other bloggers just have to paint up and post at least one miniature with facial hair each week in the month of November, usually on a Saturday, but not specifically, though this year to add to the "fun" we are also painting up a warband for Frostgrave, though if any of the figures have moustaches or beards they obviously count towards both. you can of course just do one or other parts of the challenge if you prefer. There is still time to join us if you wish...

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice selection for a warband dude! they all look good together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. Had their first black wash to try and tone them down now though

      Delete