Monday 2 November 2015

Lion Rampant Re-enforcements

     I haven't got a huge amount to show at the moment; we are in the process of completely re-doing the central heating * and having the house partially rewired at the same time, so my man-cave has been boxed up and packed away. There is always the chance I will get some bits of painting done but ultimately it's going to be a good 3 weeks before I start anything hugely solid.

     In the mean time; to go with the bombard I painted up a few weeks back, here is a unit of hand gunners and a 3rd unit of foot sergeants. I am trying to round this force out to a double army size of 48 points while still giving it a bit of choice in terms of troops which means maxing out the most useful troop types and picking up a few more oddities around the edges.

* so that we have some


lion's rampant foot sejeants sergeants

 The foot sergeants are Perry miniatures. I love the fireforge plastic spearmen but I wanted something a little bit different for my third unit and these guys were perfect.

lion's rampant hand gunners handgunners
These guys are from Crusader miniatures and once I had played a game where my opponent had a unit, I knew I had to join in too. There is no way these will see regular gaming as their rules are just too harsh but I am really looking forward to using them.

Thanks for reading

6 comments:

  1. Very much like the handgunners, I will have to have another look at the rules before I use them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. They are in the supplementary rules on the osprey website, I think. Brutal!

      Delete
  2. Great job Mike! Nothing wrong with a bit of variety dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob. Spice of life and all that, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. These look great Mike and best of luck with the central heating - it will be the best thing you ever do to the house!

    ReplyDelete