Friday 24 March 2017

More French conscription

'Soldiers generally win battles; generals get credit for them'. 
           - Napoleon Bonaparte 

   It's been a long time coming but I have finally finished the next unit for my Sharp Practise French as I am determined to get a game in this year. I reckon I only need to paint two more units* and then, maybe, do a British army too if I can't find a painted opponent.
   My painting desk seems to have split into two bits in recent months, the 'next in the queue' section and the 'one day' section, and this is completely ignoring the lead pile itself. The 'one day' section is fast becoming the area models go to when I want to get them done but something about the project is holding me back, but I have given up buying new models for Lent and it is this area of my desk that i want to focus my attention.
   I've said before that painting Napoleonic's isn't the most fun endeavour I have ever undertaken but actually this unit wasn't that bad once I actually got started. I suspect the issue last time was that I batch painted 16 in one go and then went straight onto the next 8, but I have learned the error of my ways in terms of mass batch painting and this is the biggest single batch I have painted since Christmas, preferring 5's and 6's if I am doing units.

*Only!


Now to get the next unit built to keep the momentum up.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment