Sunday 15 October 2017

Zomtober 2017 - Week 3

Zomtober zombie count: 5

   With no major projects on the go at the sec, I have had more time to enjoy painting some zombies and try out some ideas. These three are from The Walking Dead All Out War game Walker Booster and was a pretty reasonable way of picking up extra zombies, at a few pence over £2 a model, they have also turned out to be some of the most enjoyable models I have painted for quite a while.


   I used these three to try out a few ideas I have been toying with. Black skin was my first big one as I never got it looking right, until I found a recipe from one of GW's Eavy Metal painters and I quite like the result. Second was trying out old blood, so far all my zombies have had Blood For The Blood God splashed over them, which is fine for recent blood but old wounds dry a horrible brown colour, so I tried to do something like that for the guy in the middle, as that can't be a recent injury. The last thing I wanted to try out was being a bit braver with my detail, the guy that painted my Somali Pirates for me managed to get numbers and names on them, while I can't manage that detail the black guy's t-shirt was calling out to have something on it, so I found an NFL team's shirt I thought I could paint.


   Just in case anyone was wondering about scale I have included two Studio Miniatures zombies as a comparison and while the All Out War model is slightly chunkier, I am really not worried about any differences in their sculpts. This pack should fit into my horde really nicely.

Thanks for reading

18 comments:

  1. These are really splendid. Your new techniques have come out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning job on all three - brilliant stuff!
    I'm off to practice my google-fu for the "recipe from one of GW's Eavy Metal painters" now :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Addict. Really worth the look up.

      Delete
  3. Love the. I picked up that booster as well. Great minis, I hope Mantic just release all the zombies at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, just seemed daft not to - and yeah, I hope they do too.

      Delete
  4. Awesome! Love the throw back to the Miami Dolphins Dan Marino on that jersey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, glad you could work out what it is!

      Delete
  5. Nice work I am quite pleased with the figures in the walking dead game they are quite easy to paint up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, great figures aren't they!

      Delete
  6. Some great looking zombies here. Reminds me that this weeks painting is all zombies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fred, Yep, zombies are the order of the day.

      Delete
  7. Excellent work Mike, all six looks ace. Your fears about a slow growing horde appear to unfounded! :)

    ReplyDelete