Wednesday 15 November 2017

Hearthguard to me!

   As the weight of numbers, dwindling enthusiasm* and work start to take their tole I am glad to be near the end of my Saxon project, the end is in sight. I am really looking forward to seeing the whole army set up as a shield wall, but that will have to wait at least another week. In the meantime, here is another couple of batches of Saxons that have left my paint table.

*Not deviating from a project
is really hard at the best of times!


 More warriors, levy and archers. They are mostly from my Gripping Beast top up but there are a few Footsore Miniatures still mixed in, along with a couple of Shieldwall Miniatures too.
I am particularly pleased with the guy on the far left with the axe on his shoulder, as I ruined his hand drilling a hole for the spear and had to improvise, creating one of my favourite models in the army in the process.

Hearthguard - including the first repainted Anglo-Danish models and another banner. These are mostly Gripping Beast but I think there is a single Footsore Miniatures model at the back.

Thanks for reading

8 comments:

  1. They look very effective, well done for not giving in !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for sticking with it Mike, great job Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dwindling enthusiasm was hitting me pretty hard the other week so good that you are sticking with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fred. I would love to tell you how to get through it but the catalogue of half finished projects lining my shelves proves I am not the man to give you that knowledge.

      Delete
  4. Very nicely done Mike - cracking stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete