Friday 18 September 2015

A confession of weakness

      This is going to be a quick post to show what I have been up to recently and be a bit of a taster of a project I hoping to finish over the next month or so. 
       This building is the first bit of scenery for (and I particularly blame Sir Awdry for this) the Batman Miniatures Game, that I have got to a sensible point. I have a few more details to add to it, but I want to add them once I have a few under my belt so I can spread them out a bit better.
      The building is a small block from the Sarissa Precision city block range, with a couple of extra floors to give the board a bit of height. The gargoyles are from the Knight Miniatures range just to make it look a bit more 'Gotham-y'.


    Lastly is the Frank Miller Batman that I painted a year or so ago. Weirdly, he isn't in either crew(?) that I have planned to play with my mate, but I thought he looked a bit more natural outside this building than in the terrible photo I gave him last time.


8 comments:

  1. That Sir M has got a lot to answer for!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't he just! Need to work out how often I've blamed him for something . . .

      Delete
    2. Thank you Gentlemen! That said, I blame all my impulsive buys on others too! :D

      Delete
    3. You've got to blame someone! My wife has learned to dread any story that mentions THAT name. . .

      Delete
  2. Love this Mike, I had completely missed that you can keep adding floors like that, I may have to add some to my wish list not to mention those stunning gargoyles - oh goodness it's happening again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. That's how they get you though! That building is cheap and extra floors are cheap too. How much does that come to? Damnit, I did it again.

      Delete
  3. Looking good dude! That is a mighty big building, sweet gargoyles too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob. I was pleased when I spotted them.

      Delete