Friday 31 August 2018

Starting the 3rd Platoon

   Since the start of the year, both Forgeworld and Games Workshop have been doing whole scale dumps of slow selling stock - sometimes putting them into last chance, whilst other times the items are just vanishing from the website. One of the big ranges that Games Workshop removed was their old metal Imperial Guard infantry and as I wanted a 3rd platoon for my Steel Legion I jumped the moment I heard what was happening.
   I didn't manage to get all the support weapons I wanted but the basic infantry platoon's worth of men was the important part being another 41 men to add to my lead mountain*. Up until now, both of my platoons have been identical, this one will be different, however.

*I've heard the phrase Pile of Potential used and might start usin git myself in the future


   While I have other projects jostling for their time on my painting desk, I felt like such a big influx of new models needed to have a dent put into them sooner rather than later, so I have built and sprayed the first 25, with 15 now having been finished. So, here we have the first 10 man squad and the command team of 3rd company.

Steel Legion Games Workshop Infantry Squad Imperial Guard


Thanks for reading

2 comments:

  1. "Pile of Potential" lol! That's brilliant! I'm definitely using that instead of Lead Mountain :) Great looking figures there Mike! Looking forward to seeing the other 10.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased when I heard that.
      Thanks Ivor

      Delete