Wednesday 29 April 2020

Fight for the village!

   I was researching the English Civil War both in terms of historical research, but also looking at how other hobbyists have approached the subject, and I ran across the ECW posts Rob did at Four Colour Supers Minis. I've followed him for a while, but going back over his ECW stuff really got some ideas into my head and I found myself looking for Clubmen online.
   The two sites I found (I have no doubt I missed others) were Warlord Games - who sold packs of 8 when I needed 12 - and Redoubt Miniatures - who let you buy by the figure, perfect. It probably has to be said at this point that the Redoubt figures weren't the best cast models I've ever received, but once I had them cleaned up I was pretty pleased with how they looked.
   I'm not hugely sure what I plan to do with them, but I have a vague idea of sitting them in a settlement on one side of the board and firing at anything that gets within range, but that's a problem for after the lockdown is lifted.


   While I was there I also picked up a few other bits and pieces, never turn down the opportunity to top units up, and I picked up a few locals to fill my villages - the double of the same model was a freebie that Redoubt threw in (along with the extra clubman from the unit above).



Thanks for reading



7 comments:

  1. These are great Mike. Huge fan of Redoubt miniatures and have a lot of these for my Witchfinder World.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do the wagon driver figures from Redoubt scale well with GW? I'm after a seated driver figure one for a Sarissa Gypsy Caravan but none are pictured on their website.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Michael. I probably need to go back through your stuff and see if there are any other ideas to steal.

      Phil, they scale almost perfectly.

      Delete
  2. Splendid figures, perfect for immersive stories....

    ReplyDelete