Tuesday 7 July 2020

Back to gaming

   I don't normally post about my normal gaming, unless the board is particularly pretty, but I think being back out gaming is worth a post.
   Sunday saw me with two invites to go out gaming. The first was from my mate Neil to play Napoleonics using Rebels and Patriots round his house with our normal crowd, which I thought about for a while before turning down. In my head 4 guys in a front room just felt too risky at this point.
   The second invite came fairly last minute and was for 30k in a backgarden and that felt much more in line with where I felt the risk level lay. So I packed up my stuff (after a lot of searching for gaming bits put away for the previous couple of months) and set off for a game.



   Anyone in the UK will be able to tell you that Sunday was a little bit windy (hence how little terrain we had on the table - stuff kept blowing away) and the gazebo we put up to keep the sun off us kept collapsing in new and interesting ways as we played, but it was brilliant to be out seeing mates and rolling dice again.

 




   Yesterday we even played a couple of board games in my garden after work to test whether that would work or not, so it looks like I should be gaming again in one way or another even if it's not the same sort of gaming we had before the pandemic.
   The long and the short is there will be gamers reading this who can't see why it took me this long to get out gaming again, or gamers who can't believe I'm out gaming already but it's all going to come down to how risky you feel it is and what you are willing to do. For me gaming outside is absolutely fine at the sec, while gaming inside is something I will look at the other factors involved, e.g. how many other players.
   It will get back to normal, it's just a matter of when. And sorry Neil - hopefully next time?

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment