Friday 20 November 2020

Last of the English Archers

    Another slight detour from my painting plan but linked to another recent project. Posting about the wooden stakes for my 100 Years War project got me thinking about the last few units that still needed to be finished. There is still another plastic box set I'd like to buy to complete (?) both sides, but first I have another few units that I already own that need to be done.

   For the English I have 3 units left to do and it dawned on me that I should really get them built and sprayed ready to fit into my plans. The archers (already having been built) were the closest to being ready, so they jumped the queue and got onto my painting table.

   There isn't a huge amount to say about these, they are Perry Miniatures plastics like the rest and I painted them to match a couple of the banners in my stock pile.

Thanks for reading

6 comments:

  1. Excellent work! Have to buy some Perry's archers. Have only Claymore Castings. Tell Me please how many archers are in box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michal.
      If you want Agincourt style archers the box has 24 archers and 12 men at arms in full armour.
      If you just want nice plastic medieval archers you might be better off with the perry war of the roses box as you get 30 archers and a handful of mixed armoured other guys for the same money.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. Yes, I would like those from the turn of the 14th and 15th centuries. A slightly different outfit from the war of roses.

      Delete
  2. Nice poses and wonderful paint job...Splendid archers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colour schemes they all look good together.

    ReplyDelete