When planning an Elf army, I knew I needed a box of both Spearmen and Archers, and the Battalion box gave those and a box of Chariots for barely a couple of quid more. For the size army I plan to make*, this single box will give me a full army, barring a hero who can actually join any units.
*at least initially
When I buy a big box, one thing I always make sure I do, is to get a unit of the basic infantry done asap and I picked the archers as they seemed like the unit I would find the most phaff. I tried spraying them white and working from that, but it doesn't suit my style of painting, so they were quickly resprayed black** and worked back up to white.
I plan to make each unit unique with the head cannon that this army isn't from a single province and is more of a unit from here and unit from there job. So this unit of archers are from a similar place to my noble, with the normal High Elf white and blue, but also a yellow accent colour.
I, also, plan to redo the banner, but at this point it isn't bad enough to stop me getting on with the next unit first.
**badly as it turned out, so some of them have a texture on their backs
Thanks for reading


No comments:
Post a Comment