Monday 8 June 2015

Fallschirmjager platoon; Plan B

      Between tournament practise and my laptop now finally being truly dead, keeping up this little blog has taken a bit of a back seat, but it will endure as I have a lot of new stuff to share over the next few months, and I am really enjoying this little project.

      So, here is Plan B of my tournament list; a tweaked new plan with most of the basics still in place. This is still meant to be more fluffy than it is hardcore, but my aim in the list is to have one where I can enjoy the day and not just be slapped about left right and centre.


      As you can see from the photo the list is basically the same. The differences are; dropping out a SDKFZ 251/1 in favour of the cheaper (but unarmoured and un-gunned) SDKFZ 7, and dropping the panzerschreck team in favour of a flamethrower team and a schwimmwagon. The points difference between the big transports helped bulk up my two bigger squads and give them some staying power, while I found the panzerschreck team were too expensive and too vulnerable in a list like this and just didn't have the hitting power they needed to keep up. The flamethrower team and their vehicle have also been a lot of fun to play with.

sdkfz 7 28mm bolt action warlord chain of command german transport tow
SDKFZ 7 

german flame thrower schwimmwagon warlord games 28mm ww2
 Schwimmwagon and flamethrower team

       This last couple of photos are snap shots taken during practise games. The general rule amongst my normal opponents is that if the board isn't covered in burning wrecks its probably not me playing.

 This made me nervous for a while, until he missed and attacked his own infantry . . .

One more burning wreck away from being a normal turn two here.

     Without giving too much away, next post will be Plan C, the list I have actually submitted. I thought about doing that post today but I to understand how I got to it I think you need to see this intermediary one.

      Also this blog was 1 on Friday. Just a little annoyed I hadn't planned far enough ahead to do something for it, but thank you to everyone that still take time out of their day to read whatever it is I had in my head and decided to share with you.

Thanks for reading

2 comments: