Tuesday 30 October 2018

Jungles of Akkar

   This weekend, just gone, I went to my first weekend gaming event, the Jungles of Akkar. As this event still has at least one more outing (30k frontier does the same event 3-4 times each to cope with the demand as it is a 20 player event each time) I won't give any details on games or scenarios, but I can do a mix of photos and my general feelings.




   The weekend was 5 narrative games all linked in a single storyline - following on from past events set in the Rakallian Wars. Between each scenario we were kicked out of the room so they could reset the tables (every board was put away and replaced by a different one for every game) and there was a video before each game showing what we had done and where the story was going.
   There was even an app that updated all day as a way of checking the scenario objectives, mission statements and a score submitter.


 I think it is fairly obvious that neither of these combats went my way.




   Before you start getting any ideas that I might actually have done alright in this event, I am assure you that I won exactly 0 of my 5 games and that all bar, possibly, 1 were major losses, but I had one hell of a time. Between the gaming and drinking, I will definitely go to another weekender, I will, however, make sure I always book the Monday after off work.


Thanks for reading

2 comments: