Thursday 1 November 2018

Ultramarine test squad

   Of my hobby targets for this year, playing Warhammer 30k was the big one and it looks like it will be my big game of the year* by quite a margin and, while I have made sure that the other games I love haven't fallen by the wayside**, it is still my biggest focus.

*Probably next year too
**A lot more Dark ages and Napoleonic stuff to come

    So, with that in mind, I have spent the last few months trying to pick a loyalist legion to allow me to play both sides of the conflict depending what event organisers need or a particular game needs. The things I was keeping in mind while picking were the following; It had be to be a true loyalist legion - not a traitor legion splinter group, it had to do something different to my Sons of Horus - not just the same army in a different colour scheme, and it had to be interesting enough for me to want to build, paint and play them. With those, it *** ended up being the Ultramarines.

***Somehow

30k horus heresy ultramarines tactical

   With enthusiam carrying me on, I've got the first squad of tactical marines finished, and really enjoyed the process. I've tried to make them look as different to my Sons of Horus as I can, no crested helmet for my sgt and a power sword instead of a bolter for him.

   I've got other stuff on my painting desk that I need to try and focus on before I get too carried away with this project, but we'll see how that goes over the next few days - I've already got ideas of making this a 500 worlds project and not a soley Ultramarine one . . .

Thanks for reading

8 comments: