Tuesday 11 December 2018

Carried away with scenery

   As I mentioned on the last scenery post, I recently bought a pair of gaming mats* and this has given me the proper drive to get a collection of scenery build up to justify their cost. I am aiming to get a supply depot board done for one, but the other will be a city or urban centre of some kind, so I needed buildings.

*Which I need to get decent photos of before I can post about them properly

   I have a shopping list of GW buildings that I will buy as and when I have the spare cash and inclination but I also want a decent mix of styles in my buildings, so for my first building I dug through my bits box and found a half built kit, that I finished off and sprayed up.
   In the past I have always just painted these kits in various greys and called them done, but with the release of Kill Team and the new scenery kits, Warhammer TV released a how to video on painting the building you got with the starter set, and it looked really good.




   The next thing I have done is another couple of batches of the Munitorum Containers - another 7 to be exact, each with it's own number. I still have a fair few to buy and a backlog of another 9 waiting to be built, so I guess, I had better get on with them.



Thanks for reading

7 comments:

  1. Really great looking scenery! Details on cathedral ruins are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You can never get carried away with scenery" - I think that needs to be your amended title lol!
    Great stuff Mike 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scenery looks superb.
    Merry xmas
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete