Saturday 7 May 2022

Is That Hobby I See?

    In the past week or so I've managed to start sneaking in the odd bit of painting time. I'm not going to promise that I am now painting again, but hopefully this is where I can start slowly getting models back through my system and onto the table*.

*Although, I appreciate with the backlog posts there hasn't really been a gap

   The first thing up is the last thing I painted** and is a Langton Miniatures Dutch 1:1200 scale 68 gun ship of the line - Cerberus. I've managed to get a couple of Wednesdays in a row out gaming, while the first one was a bit of a last minute job, the second was planned a week in advance so I gave my mate Neil a shout about organising a game and he decided that we needed to get our 1:1200 Napoleonic fleets onto the table again - something I whole heartedly agreed with - link to club post. This then reminded me that I had a ship that was painted and just waiting on it's time to be rigged, so I spent a few hours on Saturday, while my son was at a birthday party, with a film on in the background and rigging a ship.

**because obviously

   The next thing I painted up was a recent purchase. My brother and me are still trying to organise more games of Bolt Action and there is a risk the next gaming day might be booked in - so I started looking at lists and realised my winter Germans didn't actually come to a full 1000 point army. A quick order later and I had a team to fill in those last few points and some options for later on. The teams included are; Panzerschreck, flame thrower and sniper. I wanted the Panzerschreck, but the sniper will be equally as useful.

   I still have half a mind of buying another squad or two, or platoon, for this army as it's pretty fun to paint and it's out grown it's current box anyway . . .


   Lastly, and a surprise late entry, is a Chaos Space Marine Venomcrawler. I had a few hours spare while I was doing something else, so I just kept doing a single colour in-between jobs until I had a finished figure in front of me that I hadn't planned. I've been reading a bit of 40k and 30k stuff recently and this was my concession to get it out of my system without spending any money.


Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment