Friday 19 August 2022

The March On Towton

   2022 has been a bad year for panic painting at a deadline and this week has been another example of this* with the last of my WotR Lancastrians on the painting desk for a game Wednesday just gone and another on this Sunday.
*hoping this is my last panic paint of the year but who knows

   I was aiming to not quite match my opponent's collection but to at least give him the chance of getting as much onto the table as he could, while giving me the easiest way of splitting my army in two as I knew I'd be sharing my troops. With the additions below it meant I'd have two retinues of 3 units of archers, 2 units of billmen, a unit of each mounted and dismounted men at arms and then a unit of something else on horse.

Duke of Somerset's dismounted men at arms and banner

1st unit of Somerset's billmen

2rnd unit of Somerset's billmen

2rnd unit of liveried archers for Somerset

Proper last minute painted mounted men at arms

   I'm planning on being much more relaxed now with my painting and seeing any deadlines well ahead of time. I've got, I think, only 1 game planned where I need more than a single model or unit painted before it, anything else is just me picking a collection and working through what I have**.
**None of which will have a game organised until they are finished . . .

Thanks for reading

1 comment: