Friday 16 August 2024

Aeronautica Imperialis

   Slightly behind the times with a game released in 2019, but here are the first few planes I've finished for the rules - a pair of Imperial Thunderbolts matching my 28mm one and a trio of Chaos Lightnings. 
   I bought the first starter box with Imperial Navy and Orks back in 2019, built everything, and got a game in with the Imperial planes vs my mates Imperials to test out the rules. Then it was about that time where both our jobs and lives started to get in the way and I don't think I've played him more than 2 or 3 times at anything since.

   With the next campaign being Chaos and Imperial it felt like the right time to revive the game to use as a bit of fluff in the background (Tyranids didn't get any models or rules before the game was dropped). I don't plan to play any big games with this, I just want dog fights and maybe small bomber missions, but these initial planes will allow us to get stuff on the board and relearn the rules.

   Looking at the points with the aim of keeping small games as balanced as possible, a tooled up lightning is the same points as a basic Thunderbolt, so the first game is likely to be test with a pair of each facing off.


   The Chaos Lightnings are painted in a scheme to match my red Chaos marines to tie the force in a bit, but I might vary future ones colours a bit. Scheme wise I kept them fairly plain - I quite like the idea that the chaos leaders don't value skill and would prefer to just mass produce planes.


   The Imperial Thunderbolts are painted to match my 28mm Thunderbolt as much as possible with changes where I just couldn't.


I've got a fair few more planes to paint yet.

 Thanks for reading

5 comments:

  1. Oh my I heartily dislike Games Workshop and their expensive tat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't really know how to deal with that comment other than to say, no one is making you buy any?
      I hope you enjoy your hobby.

      Delete
  2. Sorry I agree with the first comment, Simon

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an airforce now?! Looks like a fun departure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you've done the planes look very effective.

    ReplyDelete