Tuesday 24 September 2024

The Land Of the Rising Sun - but 15mm

   Someone at our club was having a clear out and one of the boxes I managed to pick up was a box of 15mm Samurai. I think they were bought to play DBA but I was thinking Lion Rampant.
   I normally do bases of 24 for 15mm Lion Rampant but I wanted this project to be fairly quick and cheap, so I've gone with 10 on a half depth base - I can always double up bases and get someone that looks ok against my other stuff that way.

   Upon checking the box, I think the only figures supplied were actual Samurai from Two Dragons, so I looked online and added some Ashigaru to my collection along with back banners for every figure that could have one as none were supplied.

   I decided to go with the same colours as my 28mm, which meant I had to check what decals my 28mm Samurai were painted in as I had no idea and it turns out that it is Hosokawa clan - although the symbol doesn't seem quite right to me. Then I found one of their opponents from the Ōnin War in a different enough scheme to be interesting and this seemed to be the Ōuchi clan. This is not my area of expertise, so any mistakes are completely due to my own ignorance.



I should probably get on with the rest of the project

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment