Friday 4 October 2024

More Horrors From The Deep Blue

   When building and painting an army, whether planned or not, I always think it is important to get some troops in first. I know a lot of people who always do elite armies that ignore troops, but my theory is that you need two of three units of the absolute bog standard regulars in your collection as you never know what might happen with army lists*. 

   To back this theory up, I bought myself a second box of Blue Horrors and got on with them while the project was fresh in my head.

*I recently saw someone complaining that Warlord Games has done a GW by making his army illegal. Army in question was a minor nation (in Warlord's terms) where a single Theatre Selector allowed him to build his infantry units with different weapons - I believe this was entirely SMGs instead of rifles - so now the army was worthless and going into his bin. While painting a handful of riflemen when he did the army would have future proofed him to an extent.**

**This is not to say I haven't been burnt in the past

Thanks for reading

1 comment:

  1. I thought Warlord Games was Games Workshop? Same ruthless expensive rules re writes. Why would you bin an army just because the newest rules say so? Just either play the old rules or find alternatives. People should grow some and use their common sense. Simon

    ReplyDelete