Sunday 8 October 2017

Zomtober 2017 - Week 2

Zomtober zombie count: 2

   Pretty much all the comments from my last post were about how combining Zomtober with a current project was a great idea, well that didn't last long. This model was part of a Fenris Game order from earlier this year, as I didn't know what I was doing for Zomtober it meant I at least had a figure for the first week, while I worked out a plan.
    I have done nothing special with this guy. Standard white guy in jeans and a t-shirt, I gave the t-shirt a pokemon go team design just to give the figure something interesting about him but that is what makes me like him, he is the sort of zombie I would expect to see loads of come the apocalypse.


I am going to try and up my game now, as a single zombie a week for a month a year does not a horde build.

Thanks for reading.

22 comments:

  1. Looks good to me. I have had problems painting but my motivation has returned this year. I've given up on blending and downed my game to basecoat, drybrush, drybrush lighter then ink was or dip. One stage a night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. I'm not normally too bad at motivating myself but always find that it dies for a bit when you finish a project you focused hard on.

      Delete
  2. I don't know what scares me the more, Mike, your zed's wonderfully hungry-looking outreaching pose or your combining Zomtober with Pokemon!! :-) Lovely mini imho :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxkleric. I won't show you the pokemon centre I made for a modern city game then :P

      Delete
  3. Stunning job - totally inspiring brush work Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! The shirt detail is absolutely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovly work! Really great t-shirt:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Puts a new slant on the 'gotta catch em all' tag line. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely Tshirt design Mike. Like you say, you're gonna come across these guys all the time in the zombpoc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work. I guess there isn't much time to paint zombies with all the work put into those impressive Vikings you have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fred. On a bit of a slow down break before I hit my next project hard!

      Delete
  9. Maybe not be too fussy and speed paint the horde to get your numbers up but it is definitely worth spending the time on a few figures and getting the detail like you have on this guy, which will catch the eye. Superb painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silver, the balance is hard to get. The first chunk of the horde I painted a few years back are terrible, so I don't want to just add to that.

      Delete
  10. Excellent work on the latest offering Mike. :)

    Don't worry about painting only one - several years of Zomtober will get that horde painted! :)

    ReplyDelete