Thursday 19 July 2018

The lure of the Quest

   One of the main takeaways I had from the Extinction of Thuros was that I needed to try out a knight in a list as they weren't the instant bad opponent creater that I thought they would be. Much as I keep looking at one of the bigger Forgeworld knights, I had actually picked up one of the plastic GW ones just after they were released, so it was time for that to be finished.

   One of the biggest things I like about the warhammer universe is the fluff, so I like to make sure all my armies have some, in this case the knight is called Sir Krohn and he is from House Steinschild, which is on the planet Voyria. I used a made up house, so I could do what I want with them. Because this is a knight and heraldry is a big thing I have tried to get as much meaning as I can into the armour, so:
  • The right shin plate and shoulder pad show the house's allegiance - half Imperial and half to Horus (I have left the armour showing their crusade allegiance)
  • The shield shows the house symbol - the boar on a yellow and white background.
  • The left shoulder pad shows the knight's personal device - the rabbit (probably a hare) with an axe.
  • The left shin shows the house symbol and the knight's personal device together.
   Incedentally, the house's colours and device are loosely * based on the Hufflepuff scheme from Harry Potter after I spent a couple of hours brain storming ideas and looking up famous knights from history with the aim of stealing their heraldry and ended up doing this instead.
*Really loosely - badger not a boar

sons of horus imperial knight 30k paladin warhammer horus heresy



   Considering this was a model I bought on a whim and had sat on a shelf for a couple of years, which me hating the colours I had used on it, I am really pleased with the eventual outcome and I am very tempted to expand this household in the future.

Thanks for reading

4 comments: