Tuesday 11 September 2018

Naseby

   My hobby output hasn't been up to a huge amount so far this summer, while I blame the heat and a lack of motivation, it also has to do with how busy our weekends have been recently. On the whole, I leave my wife to post about our weekends on her travel blog (thingswelearntin), but every now and again something comes along that feels appropriate to post on this little hobby blog and visiting the site of the Battle of Naseby felt like one of those times.

   I'm not going to go into detail on the battle as there is a wiki page for that, plus loads of other (better) sources, but it was a pivotal engagement in the English Civil war and was a site where both Oliver Cromwell and King Charles were present and it has got me thinking about a potential English Civil War project for later in the year*?

*My copy of Pikemans Lament has now turned up
 



battle of naseby battlefield english civil war



Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment