Tuesday 13 August 2019

Adding to the herd

   When I built my first two units of cavalry for my Union army, the idea was just to have a couple of light units to harry flanks but now I have 4 units it feels a bit more like a substantial force, so I built the very last unit with a banner and bugle.
   Otherwise, the horses were painted in the same batches as the gun limber horse team and the 3rd unit of cavalrymen to match. Together the 4 units and the cannon with full horse team and limber come to 24 points, which is the recommended points level for Rebels and Patriots, so I'm very tempted to see what a fully mobile Union army can do on the board . . .



   And now for something different, my Confederate Ambulance from Perry Miniatures. While the initial project was supposed to just be a 24 point Union force to try Rebels and Patriots out in the ACW period, the spiral into 30 point forces for both sides was fairly inevitable. However, as the recent push has all been for my Union forces, I didn't want the Confederate side to look like it was lacking anything. I have plans to buy another box of Confederate infantry and I have a unit of confederate cavalry on my painting desk, but I felt they needed something else in their back line and as I was placing my last order, it became obvious, an ambulance*.

*Obvious to me anyway


perry miniatures acw confederate ambulance rebels and patriots


Thanks for reading

3 comments:

  1. Great stuff Mike! That ambulance and figures are fantastic! It's really nice to see someone actually painting markings on the horses faces and legs - being around horses every single day it's amazing to me how many modelers miss this when painting them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor.
      I find they make the models, but also my mate Neil wouldn't let me hear the end of it if I didn't

      Delete