Wednesday 28 August 2019

Colours Reporting In

   Hot on the tail* of the last of my** Union cavalry are the second and third units of Pennsylvanian Zouaves. It's been quite good fun painting mass cavalry but going back to batch painting fairly simple, identical uniforms is a joy all of it's own, so I'm a little sad that this bit of the project is now over for a while, however, the next project or two are already lined up and raring to go, so I had better get on with it.
   The banners are something that I've also found quite satisfying with this whole ACW project. I've tried not to add too many as I don't want my armies looking like a few men taking a flag for a walk, but the Zouaves felt like they deserved their own colours and as they could be bought online, it was too good a chance to miss up.
*Or would have been if I had taken the photos earlier
**Planned


Thanks for reading

6 comments: