Tuesday 28 January 2020

Cavanuary 2 - The Pride of France

   Let's not beat around the bush - I have been terrible at posting Cavanuary units, but that doesn't mean I've not been painting. So, next up in my Cavanuary drive are two units that, while they are from a new army, are from a project that has been on this blog before. Two units of mounted knights for my French 100 year war army.
   The one thing I have found about painting 100 year war knights in general is that, while the personal heraldry and colours has slowed the painting speed down, I am really enjoying painting them. For long painting sessions I prefer painting blocks of uniformed figures, that you can look at some proper numbers at the end of the day and feel like you have achieved something, with painting figures as individuals its been quite good fun to know I can just do 1 or two guys an evening and feel like I've achieved something anyway.

   As with the rest of the 100 year war stuff I've been posting, these are Perry Miniatures plastics.  I do wonder if at least one of the units needs a banner - everything is better with a banner.



Thanks for reading

8 comments: