Thursday 19 March 2020

The Muster Continues







   I've been churning out figures at a serious rate of knots in the last couple of months with a few big projects or whole new games being on the verge of hitting the table. One big project that has now made it to the table is my Late 100 Years War project. I finished the minimum I needed for my English in late January and it took until early March to be at the same point with my French, but here they are;

Two units of French Yeomen


The first unit of French Crossbows


Foot Knights - Men at Arms in the rules


  I made sure I gave a week's notice to the guys at SEEMS to see if there was any interest in a game, wrote out my unit cards and then turned up with a ready to play game. Looking at the units on offer, Neil suggested that we refight Agincourt, so we set up a defensive English army and the French army with Crossbows and Mounted Knights at the front and then let the dice see where the game took us.


   Interestingly, the game turned out to be a fairly honest recreation of the real fight. The French refused to move for the first turn which persuaded the English to make the first move, taking their line further down the field. Then the French knights failed enough movements within range of the archers, that they weren't in great shape when they eventually hit the English lines. The game ended with an English victory (any very few casualties for them) as the French army kept being whittled down in waves by the archers.




   I've got other projects calling for attention, so my 100 years war will start to take a backseat for a bit but there is a lot more stuff to paint for it, so this isn't the last you will see from it.

Thanks for reading



5 comments:

  1. Great looking HYW figures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent posting. Always like to see the minis in their element on the tabletop. That's a wonderfully painted collection you're assembling :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxkleric.
      Yeah, the table top photo is something I need to start doing more on the this blog. They do look good.

      Delete