Saturday 19 March 2022

Answering Napoleon's Call

    Carrying on with what I have named Operation Panic Paint, is another big project that I wanted to get finished off, as it feels like the win at the end of each batch is a lot smaller than you get with other projects, and I really want to see them on the table asap, the 15mm Napoleonic Waterloo French. These are the last figures that I need (if the plan works) for my planned La Haye Sainte scenario, which will now mean I have representatives from 2 regiments (with a unit representing a company*) of French line, vs a regiment of KGL 2rnd Light holding the farm itself.

*Although I am wondering if I should double up the figure count

   This post is another one of those ones where the figures I am blogging about have been supplemented by figures finished previously that didn't get their own post at the time.

   First up is a whole regiment's worth of men**. I've been slowly putting finished models on the shelf behind me in a less organised fashion than this so seeing them all lined up properly feels really good. Represented (and subject to change as I'm not sure if I'll end up adapting anything) is a command figure, command stand (which will probably replace a stand in the grenadiers), the grenadiers, 4 units of line, then 2 units of voltigeurs - totalling 77 men in a painted regiment.

**Using the analogy above

   While I was working on the new regiment, I also included the last figures needed for my first one, and to be honest, I'm not sure why I didn't just suck it up and finish these before. Once you get past the white step, they aren't actually that hard to paint. These were painted just before the Goths and include the first dog that I decided needed to be on a unit base.


   This is also a post where I admit that Operation Panic Paint encouraged me to get carried away and add new stuff to my backlog, in this case, a cannon, with associated crew and limber and the pair of mounted colonels to act as commanders for each regiment as I am toying with an idea, seen above. The cannon will make regular games a bit more interesting as my French collection was just infantry at that point***.

***barring an experiment in cavalry I am going to carry out

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment