Saturday 2 July 2022

War Of The Roses - Panic Edition

   With about a week to go on the War of the Roses project to go, my mate Neil mentioned that he'd like to see me have a unit of mounted troops on the table. Ok, I replied, I did own a box of mounted men at arms, but I wasn't going to promise anything.
   So I got on with my last* planned unit of archers** but the thought about knights kept niggling at me and before I knew it I had a unit of the Perry plastics built and ready for spraying, along with a metal one that I'm not 100% when I bought but that would make a good character. I wasn't sure if I'd get them done, but quite frankly if they aren't built then they definitely can't get painted.
*which turned into two
**for the game

   It turned out I did get them done . . .



   Then over the weekend we were comparing what we had to be able to plan the game properly and Neil listed what he had and I realised I was another unit of archers short, so between jobs I dug out the very last archers I'd built and sprayed last year*** and started panic painting. Below are my last two units of archers - when I put them on the board I used all of the white and green liveried ones as regular archers and everything else as tenant archers.
***which made this project a lot quicker


I can't count this as a finished project as I know how much I have left to do, but it's good to see the project at a playable level.

It ended up being a really fun game, so glad I put the effort into getting them done***.
***Not that you can see much of my painting in this photo

   Now do I need some light cavalry for this army? And maybe some European mercenaries? Or do I look at getting my Yorkists moving?

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment