Thursday 26 January 2023

Battletech?

   Ok, so this is one of those hard projects to justify again. My twitter feed since just before Christmas has been slowly filling with gamers who normally paint historical armies suddenly buying boxes and boxes of Battletech and I have no idea why. So when one recommended a novel trilogy set in the universe, saying it was one of their favourite reads of the year, I added it to my backlog and carried on with my life.

   I have now read that series, and while it isn't going to rank in my top series any time soon it was interesting enough to make me curious. I've got a demo lined up at club at some point in the near future just to see how the game plays but I picked the beginners starter box up on a trip into London so I could muck about with some figures. I've gone with a fictitious colour scheme as I just don't know the factions well enough yet to have picked one and reversed a scheme I found online - not knowing if that scheme was a real one or not. I also purposely didn't halve the colours and instead thirded (?) them just as it seemed more interesting.

Pretty sure its a Griffin on the left and Vindicator on the right.

Thanks for reading

4 comments:

  1. Ooh very nice Mike. And in Ukrainian colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice paint job on those, and yes you identified them correctly. There are effectively three rules levels, Beginner, Intro, and Standard (after that you can start adding optional/even more detailed rules)

    I have been diving into the universe a bit lately too, and it is deep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I've really seen a game before where you can play in set eras which have access to different mechanics before.

      Delete