Friday 17 February 2023

Conquering For The Bastard

   I've got a big Anglo-Norman/Anarchy era project that I've been buying for coming to a blog near you at some point soon but first I thought I had better finish adding the units to my regular Norman army before I get too distracted with that project.
   My Normans were definitely missing at least one unit of regular infantry but I always had plans to bulk it up by at least two units and maybe some knights. So an order to Conquest Games (and a quick bolt on to a Gripping Beast order) and I had the bits I needed for both Norman projects.

   This post is the metal element of the project and there will be a plastic element post coming very soon.
   The infantry unit is slightly under numbers as I painted slightly too many Normans on my last big push, and it was this realisation that gave this first unit of infantry the real push into a basket as it saved me a third of the cost of a unit of metals. They are all from Gripping Beast and use up the last of my LBMS shield decals. I used one of the smaller banners just to add a bit more colour to the army.


   Then we have the slingers from Conquest Games. These were a bit of an after thought, on the back of an order I was already making. They came as a full skirmisher sized unit for Lion Rampant, so I figured for the price they would make a nice addition to the collection. The sculpts themselves are positively gorgeous and I very much recommend them even if I'm not sure they will see the most amount of use on the table.
conquest games norman slingers

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment