Tuesday 25 April 2017

A forest in the making

“Some of my kin look just like trees now, and need something great to rouse them; and they speak only in whispers. But some of my trees are limb-lithe, and many can talk to me.” 
- Treebeard

   A couple of weeks ago I painted up an ent on a whim and when I wrote a post about it, I mentioned that the rest had been packed away. Well it turns out I am weak when it comes to sticking to a plan*, so back into my lead mountain I went to dig out the only treeman model I knew I had ready built**.
   The model is from Hasslefree Miniatures, although I can no longer find it on their site. It is a weirdly posed model that is nigh on impossible to get a decent shot of but I really enjoyed painting it. There is something really satisfying about painting ents, I don't know if it is just that drybrushing the texture gives a win so easily but I would recommend it if you have had a bad day.

*It's even in my blog header
*I am trying to stick to
my plan of finishing models
rather than starting new ones.


Thanks for reading

5 comments: