Thursday 18 January 2018

The trickle that becomes the flood

   I said on the last post that there was a massive risk of distraction and here it is, Gangs of Rome has started to deliver. This is a game that from the moment Footsore Miniatures announced it in September/October(?) I was hocked on the idea. As always, I went as basic as I could to allow me to play and get a feel for the rules, so two gangs, a mob and rules fitted the bill.
   As it turned out my mob arrived before my gangs, which has given me at least a couple of days of grace to get some of the mob (30 figures) painted before I get distracted from them by the gang fighters themselves as these are going to be the big job. I am planning on painting the mob in the same way as my Dark Age projects a base at a time in the same vague colour palette and then mix them up when I actually play. This means I have 6 lots of mob to paint, 2 lots of gangs which is do-able within a couple of weeks of painting, although I plan to keep moving Sons of Horus across my desk too.
gangs of rome mob base painted

Thanks for reading

4 comments:

  1. Dammit, I was really hoping I could stay away from this one but if you're going to be posting about it I'm sunk for sure! Great start, definitely looking forward to seeing your fighters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor. I'm looking forward to my fighters too.

      Delete
  2. Great job on Mob 1* look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, there are more on my desk.

      Delete