Saturday 20 April 2019

Back to the Dark Ages

   A slightly bigger gap between posts than I had planned, as I had my first days off work due to illness in I think 4 years and, while I normally dream of days off to get on with my backlog, I struggled to do anything but sleep. However, I am back and basically fixed, so here we go again.
   One of the things I picked up at Salute* was my pre-order from Gripping Beast of a box of their new Shieldmaidens. The dark ages are my favourite period in history and I seriously doubt I will ever stop adding new armies, warbands or units to my collection, however, my backlog of projects for this period has gotten a little bit daft. Since Christmas, I have had a couple of Norse-Gaels on my desk at any one time as I'll paint a figure whenever I have a flash of inspiration, but that isn’t how you get an army painted, so I’ve decided to go back to my system of batch painting across units to get the project moving a tad faster and include the last few Saxons to get them finished too**. That isn't to say I'm trying to finish this project before moving on to other stuff, but I would like it to be slightly further along.

*I was actually really good, going off my pre-set list only once and it wasn't for these
**As I think I am down to the last 8 or so figures



Thanks for reading

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you have not been well Mike and sorry to have missed you at Salute too. These look great by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic unit Mike! Love it!

    ReplyDelete