Sunday 14 July 2019

Summon the Gods and call down their wrath

   To tie off my ancient Greek project are the pack of Gods and the Gorgons I bought from Foundry Miniatures. Now that everything I bought is painted and I have 2 full box files of figures, I am happy to call this project finished, for the time being.*
**Again, are projects ever really finished?

   From left to right we have: Ares, Poseidon, Hephaestus, Zeus and Hades. I'd have loved to have Athena in the mix, but if I was only buying one pack, this was the post useful one to pick up to give Of Gods and Mortals a try**.
**Now where is my kraken?

   I'm not 100% sure on the Gorgons colours. I copied pictures I found online as I wasn't sure how to make the transition from the human half to the snake half but in hindsight, plain green doesn't look particularly snake like. I'm half tempted to go back at a later date and repaint them in a more python like skin.

Thanks for reading

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Now we're in Jason and the Argonauts territory! Loving this project Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole Jason and the Argonauts them works for me as well. Very useful for early Runequest as well. I'm sure I have a duck in the pile of shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. Useful figures for a few things

      Delete