Wednesday 5 October 2022

He Also Made A Covenant Between The King And The People

   Again, during 2019 when I was just buying boxes of Warlord Games English Civil War plastic boxes whenever I saw them cheap or had points to spend online, one of the boxes I picked up was of cavalry. The plan for the box was to split it evenly between Royalist and Parliamentarians to boost each side to 3 units, however, with the Royalist gaining two units of dragoons, I felt like I needed to give Parliament two units of cavalry back.

   At the start of the summer when I was painting a lot of horses, I remembered I had this box, and as I was starting to build it, it dawned on me that it would make sense to make the riders Covenanters. The addition of the famous bonnet (which I had bought spares of) felt like enough in my head to prove the point and off I went. The horses were painted in big batches during July, but the riders have waited until now.

   Depending on my needs for the particular game, these will give me either the cavalry wing of a smaller Covenanter force or a boost to the Parliamentarian cavalry, boosting me to 4 units which could still be improved upon, without costing me too much in metal figures.

   This just leaves a single unit of musketeers to paint and this project is done. I still need to go back to the Jacobites/Highlanders too but I have other projects that are demanding attention.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment