Wednesday 6 March 2019

Company of Legends 2019



   As I mentioned on my last post, I spent the weekend at a Warhammer 30k event called the Company of Legends, run by the guys on the Edge of Empire Podcast. It’s a 5 game, 3000 point list event with no comp (so you’ll see primarchs etc there) and there was also a 3 game, 1000 point centurion event on the Friday night. All while staying in a Scout hut up in Durham, so you could drink all day long if you wanted and play pickup games all night.
   I wrote a quick Sons of Horus list to be submitted, set myself some gaming targets* and then went to play some games. I’m not going to go into any real details on my games, as I’ll go over them on Episode 2 of the Mournival Podcast, but I’ll do a quick over all.

*Play at least one primarch list and at least one custodes list**
**I ended up playing 2 of each in the end


The view of the gaming hall from the bedroom level.

 

 Primarch 1 - Corax of the Raven Guard.

Primarch 2 - Vulkan of the Salamanders.

   The weirdest part of the event was that I was picked in my 3rd game to be on a live stream, so you can watch my game against Will Henry using his Salamanders on the links below:

 


 Hero squad before their untimely demise - held off the custodes for 6 rounds of combat.

Some beasts - killed them all in combat.

   You'll be pleased to know I have kept my perfect 30k event record up by bringing home the Wooden Spoon again. Although, I have some seriously good ideas and experience to stop it happening again.

Thanks for reading

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a blast Mike and a staring role too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I thought talking on a podcast was weird.

      Delete