Monday 4 March 2019

Flying the Flag



   A few days later than planned but here is my last block of line infantry for my ACW Union army for Rebels and Patriots by Osprey Games. I’ve been away at a Warhammer 30k event in Durham since Friday morning, so while these were finished before I left, I hadn’t had a chance to get them on the blog beforehand.
   I have retroactively swapped a couple of figures from this unit into the first unit I painted, as of my four units, two will be run as Green, while the other two will be Veterans. So my thinking is that my two Green units will be in the standard issue forage hats, fresh from being equipped, while the two Veterans will be in mixed hats.





I will write up something about my 30k event in due course but in the meantime;
Thanks for reading

6 comments:

  1. The addition of the flags really do lift a unit, more great work Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your ACW adventure Mike, and totally agree with your logic behind switching around so the "new guys" are in standard issue kit.
    Thanks for drawing my attention to these rules (as if I NEEDED yet another project in the queue!), the cover art led me to dismiss them as specifically for the revolutionary era - I'm a fan of both the ACW and "Rampant" rules variants, so it's now on my bookshelf :-)
    Looking forward to reading some AAR's and ogling yet more eye candy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've played a lot of Lion Rampant and I've played a bit of The Men Who Would Be Kings, buying Dragon Rampant, Pikemans Lament and now Rebels and Patriots based on those.
      I'm looking forward to playing far more of all 5.

      Delete
  3. Nice job they turned out really good.

    ReplyDelete