Wednesday 13 March 2019

Slightly carried away



   The weekend just gone was one of those rare beasts, a quiet weekend with no plans. I am famous (infamous?) among my friends for how quickly my weekends get booked up with jobs or days out, but with just how busy I have been recently and with the gaming weekend away the weekend before, I made sure this weekend would be 2 days of sitting in front of the tv, with a box set (Game of Thrones series 7) and a painting tray full of figures ready to go.
   I had set myself a target of 2-3 batches of confederates or union (maybe 20 figures), just to get both armies closer to the point where I could start playing even if there was an extra unit or two waiting in the wings still to be painted. Instead I managed to get something silly like 48 figures completed for this project. I need to double check but I think I need to put flags on my Confederate banner men and paint up 2 cannons and then I have my 2, 24 point armies for the first game.
   I will do finished army shots when I play that game, but in the meantime, here are the batches that I got finished over the weekend:



My Confederates are a mix of 3-4 different batches, again, with the odd home spun shirt to mix up colours. I also painted the artillerymen in the same batches as they were just as likely to be hit by shortages as the infantry.

My first unit of Union artillerymen – the last figures I needed to finish for the Union side to play. Cannon still to come.

Thanks for reading

1 comment: