Tuesday 6 October 2020

A 40k Detour (and another new project)

    One of the last games I placed recently, was a game of 40k 9th edition as I previously threatened I would. 40k will always have a soft spot in my hobby heart and its nice to scratch the itch once in a while, except this couple of games didn't so much as scratch the itch but make me find a whole new gnat bite I didn't know I had*.

   I wrote two quick lists out of models I had to hand - Primaris Space Marines vs Sisters of Battle, using points from the Indexes released at the start of 8th but using 9th rules (as stats etc will carry over but the points didn't) and we had a blast. The rules were simple enough that it took us a couple of turns to get our heads around and the rest of the game and following game, were spent chatting and eating snacks while we played, exactly what you want in a game.

*Did that analogy go too far?



   This game got me thinking. I want to have an easy small campaign I can from my front room in the new year that I have all the figures for and can be kept fun, simple and cheap. I'd picked up the new Recruit starter set to get the assault marines (more on them another day) and the Necrons that came 'free' became an obvious enemy for an Imperial army (which I am swimming in).
   The campaign will be based after the events of the Battlefleet Gothic campaign I played a few years back. The Aurora Knights home world has been destroyed, leaving a lifeless rock in space but something that was dormant below the planet's crust has been awoken and the Knights can't have a xenos force on their homeworld and monument to their failure.
   Step forward the first batch of Necrons. . .


Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment