Friday 2 October 2020

Keeping the natives down

    I'm painting my Roman Briton project in batches as I normally do, but I am also trying to get both sides moving at the same time. I think I have about the same amount of units for each side, so I've given myself a bit of a rule that the two armies alternate what is on my desk, two units a piece in and it is working so far.

   I only have 3 units of Roman Legionnaires planned, as the rest of the army is going to be made of Auxiliaries (6 - 8 units depending how you count them), so I am now over half way through this element of the project. I plan to have all Legionnaires with the same shield designs as I want to give the feeling it is the same century of a legion split and not be separate legions as some rule sets want to represent.


   The unit above is the same Warlord Games Legionnaires from the last unit but I've added a few bodies and bits from a sprue of Early Roman Veterans I got a year or so ago with Wargames Illustrated. I also found a sprue of Praetorians from the same period which I am looking to get a few more models for to make a unit of, who knew free models on a magazine could be so dangerous?

Thanks for reading

4 comments: