Wednesday 10 March 2021

Back to an Older Project

    I'm back to bouncing around projects in a way that Tigger would be proud of and I don't see that stopping any time soon. With potential indoors mixing dates announced in the UK, I've had a proper sit down with a notepad and worked out exactly what I need to finish to play some of my planned games - both at home and maybe at Waylands, with the aim of only working on units on the list. For example, if I bought 6 units of an army for a game but I only need 5 to get the game on the table, I'm going to try and get the 5 done before moving onto the next project that needs units painted. It's more important for me at the moment to get games ready for the table than every unit for them painted.

   With that in mind, I've gone back to my 15mm WW2 game. I'd painted almost all of the German Infantry and built the British, but that didn't make a game, so I went online and bought the units I was missing and sat down at the weekend and batch painted the whole lot in one go.

   First up we have a German MMG and Medium mortar, which I was missing from the infantry I already owned. 

   Next up we have 3 units of British infantry - with SMG armed sgts and a LMG in each squad.



   Lastly we have the extra bits for the British, Platoon LT, AT rifle, light mortar, medium mortar and MMG.

   All the figures on this post are from Forged in Battle and while it's not an exciting post, it is a productive one. Just scenery and vehicles to go then it's ready for some games.

Thanks for reading

6 comments:

  1. Great stuff Mike, I'm bouncing all over the place as well hobby-wise and I actually feel like I'm more productive that way.
    I like how your infantry is individually based - what rules do you use for your game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to use Bolt Action, just because I think its a brilliant club night ruleset.
      But I've painted the numbers to double into Chain of Command or Battlegroup armies too

      Delete