Friday 5 March 2021

Distracted or Genius?

    One of the unfortunate results of me painting a unit of 15mm Romans was realising that I might be onto something amazing in terms of where my gaming needs to go and it left me doing a lot of thinking at times of the day where thinking is probably to be discouraged - I'm looking at you 2 in the morning when your son is drifting back to sleep.

   I knew that 24 Romans looked good on a base, but did that carry across to other genres too? So when I stumbled upon Alternative Armies I threw caution into the wind and ordered myself the bits to make a standalone base of skeletons (complete with a necromancer in the middle so the unit could be allied to other armies). Again, my short term plan is to use Lion/Dragon Rampant rules for these element bases and have wound makers behind them to show their strength until I really get my head around Sword and Spear (I need to buy the fantasy version still) and give that a try.


I've really had some ideas for this army now . . .

Thanks for reading

2 comments:

  1. Lol! Brilliant title Mike! Always a bit of both isn't it 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ivor.
    I always hope its a bit of both

    ReplyDelete