Friday 7 January 2022

Arise, arise, Riders of Théoden!


    As its the start of a new year, it feels like the right point to enthusiastically make plans that won't survive until the January. I've got a few games I'd like to play this year and one of the projects that has been in my head for a few years now is replaying the charge of the Mûmakil at the battle of Pelannor. I bought the first Mûmakil back in 2019 (I think) along with a couple of sprues of Riders of Rohan but did nothing else with it*.

*I was speaking to other LOTR gamers at the time about a group project where players either pick a Mûmakil or a similar pointed Rohan warband and we played a big game, but it went quiet very quickly

   With December 2021 being the 20th anniversary of the release of The Fellowship Of The Ring, my social media feeds have been full of Lord Of The Rings content and it's given me a kick up the arse to get on with the project. I've had a little bit of a buying spree (at the end of the 2021) to make sure I have enough figures for both sides and a few extras for the future, I've written a painting order on my hobby spreadsheet so I know what needs to be done and I've got some colour schemes ready. Its now just a case of getting stuff built and painted in good time. I'd like to be playing this in late February so I'd better get moving.

   First up is the first batch of regular Riders Of Rohan. I've not done anything special with these guys, just tried to keep a similar scheme to how GW have painted theirs. 

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment