Wednesday 26 January 2022

Spear Shall Be Shaken

   The next unit that I should have been painted before I distracted myself so astoundingly well is another unit of Riders Of Rohan. The colour scheme hasn't changed but this batch has grey horses instead of brown*.

*I also did the horse for one of the Royal Guard just to make sure that unit gets a bit of variety too


   As there isn't much to say in this post I thought I would mention something interesting about the rules. As part of this project I thought I would finally update from the blue book and source books that I've been using since the early 2010's (?) to the modern combined Middle Earth Battle Games where you buy a rules manual, your personal LotR or Hobbit flavour army book and any campaign book that is appropriate for your gaming. I've picked up Gondor at War and War in Rohan to go with my Rohan army and sat down to work out how many points I need for certain scenarios, but that's where its got interesting. In the last edition a scenario might specify a hero that has to be included but otherwise it would say pick X points using the following restrictions or from the following army list, this edition lists the exact models down to wargear and includes a lot more compulsory heroes.

   So, the long and the short of this, if I want to continue my plan of using the scenarios in the new book, I need an extra Mumukil (to a grand total of 3!) for the initial planned game and a lot more named heroes for scenarios going forward. I'm holding fire on ordering anything until I've got a plan in place but it looks like I'll be visiting GW at some point in the near future.

Thanks for reading 

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff Mike! Always good to see some Rohan forces 😀
    I'm with you on the Mukakils, I have two myself and want one more, I just wish there was a way to easily make them into different poses so all three don't look identical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling and the FW upgrade kit is so expensive

      Delete