Saturday 26 February 2022

Eldar/Aeldari Dire Avengers - Fallen Stars Shrine

    Carrying on with my slow burn eldar/aeldari nostalgia trip/updating project is another unit of troops but this time in the form of the first aspect warriors squad. When I used to play Eldar in 3rd edition I was very much a guardian/seer player and while I did own aspect warriors, most notably Howling Banshees, I don't think I ever used more than 2 squads in a single army, with Fire Dragons being my possible second squad of choice. With this modern redo, I wanted to have at least one squad of every aspect with a few having multiples as chaos is on the ascendance and the craftworld is having to deal with more threats so Khaine has called to more of the people.

   So, while Howling Banshees was the obvious place to start considering my history with them, I thought instead that it was better to start with the troop choice aspect, the Dire Avengers.

   I've gone for the classic dark blue, with white helmets, but given the back cloth the same graduated colours scheme as my craftworld guardians so that I can tie them back in. 


   One of the things I loved about the novel The Path Of The Outcast by Gav Thorpe is his description of two different shrines of the same aspect being different colours, so like normal, I've kept a note of my recipe but if/when I do a second squad I might not follow it, or I might adapt the colours of the helmet crests.

I've also seen the new Aeldari release going on preorder today, and while I plan to get both new aspect warrior kits, I'm not going to rush and buy them on preorder*

*He says confidently now

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment