Monday 18 December 2023

Battletech?!

   The game of Battletech that I had half planned earlier this year hasn't materialised - I'm sure my end of year post will mention this year has been nuts - but I've been struggling a little bit with motivation recently and forcing myself to paint hordes of Tyranids hasn't been helping*, so I decided to change tact and just paint something easy from my backlog instead of staring blankly at my to do list.
*the next horde is half finished
   This is first batch was the 5 mechs from the other side. I have a rule that unless a game is silly expensive and I know I have opponents, I always do two sides, so for Battletech I have the yellow and blue mechs as one side and these as the other.


   I went for a red base just as it didn't share anything with the models I had already painted and had planned to do a green/teal accent somewhere** but ended up doing a white arm and with a matching kneepad to break the colour up. Again, I don't think these are official colours at all, so are possibly a smaller mercenary unit in the fluff.
**possible a stripe across the chest plates
   The mechs above are; Shadow Hawk, Wolverine, Commando, Thunderbolt and Awesome



I could do with getting a game planned now as the last 3 for the yellow/blue side are almost finished as well.

Thanks for reading

1 comment: