Friday 29 December 2023

More sisters and a brother

   This is my last missed post for the year. With my mate's basic units for his Sister's of Battle army done, I turned my attention to trying to make sure that he has enough interesting options finished that he enjoyed the games beyond the first couple. So, the first thing I painted was an Imperial preacher/missionary that I bought him online. He wasn't sure what sort of characters he wanted for his army beyond the effectively compulsory Canoness, and with HQ models going for silly money, he didn't want to buy something that he then didn't use. This character got round a few of those issues by doing what a couple of his more expensive models did, for cheap(er) and I thought it would suit him to the ground. It's since been an integral model in his arco-flagellant squad

warhammer 40k imperial missionary preacher

   Next up is the last batch of Redemptia - by pure accident my mate bought another 5 not the standard 4, which means he has 9 of them which is a whole squad.

   Next are a pair of Penitent Engines, these were the first of his real heavy hitters and I wanted to make sure he had some before the new edition hit*. Both of these are the same monopose model, so I hacked one of their arms about to try for a slightly different pose, then varied the skin tone at the painting stage.
*how late this post is

   He then got a few bits for his birthday - in the late summer - one of which was a Castigator. This has been on the blog a few times as it has been a real issue for my bugs to try and kill.

   The unit of Sarcosancts were a recommendation from me, that I sort of feel bad for now. They were a massive phaff to built and haven't really achieved anything, they aren't terrible but for how cool they look, they just don't achieve what you think they will.

   Lastly are a unit of Retributors which gave him some slightly more heavy gun. These have only been used once and were a horrible surprise when I forgot they were there.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment