Sunday 25 February 2018

The Mighty Muffin Tops - Halfling Blood Bowl Team

   One of the rules I follow when building armies is that once you have filled up whatever you are going to transport that army in, the project is finished*. I personally carry nearly all my models in KR Multicase boxes, which are all lined up on a bookcase, making packing an army for a game a quick and simple process. So when I got into Blood Bowl at the end of 2016 and I bought a case for my team, I made sure the case would hold 3 teams worth of models - including a few support staff for each team. I already had an Amazon team from the first time I tried Blood Bowl and had picked the human team for this time round, so that left 1 space.
*Unless you buy a second box . . .
   The last team proved to be a tough decision but basically came down to either Lizardmen or Halflings in the end and the idea of having a Halfling team just made me laugh, so when GW had the Halflings on made to order for a week last year I jumped on the chance.


   The maximum number of players a team can have is 16, as I wasn't sure what I would want to do with this team I bought the maximum number of halflings and added two treemen to go over that number, but it means I can play whatever I want with the team. The 'Captain' in the front middle rank is the Warhammer World exclusive star player Crumbleberry but I am going to use him as a regular halfling.
   The colours were picked for two reasons; 1 they were different to both my other teams. 2 they match the North Melbourne Football Club that I have become an honourary supporter of, taking one of their caps round the world with me. Also, as the club are known as the 'Shinboners', it felt appropriate. . .
   Again, this was one of those projects that I was so close to being finished on, but one of those where I just couldn't motivate myself to paint the last 5 models. As they are now done, this is the second project I can say I have completed this year.

Thanks for reading

6 comments: